EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post #10

In these videos Kathy Cassidy makes great points about students and technology. Ms. Cassidy uses technology in her first grade classroom. She sends out forms at the beginning of each year letting parents know that the students will be using the internet safely. She uses her students blogs as a portfolio for the parents, so that they can see what their child has been learning throughout the year. I really love this idea. She later states that blogs can have an audience, where as pen and paper really do not. Her point about technology never going away could not be more true, technology grows everyday! There is always something new on the internet.

Kathy explains that as a teacher you have to know about technology, especially with the generation that we will be teaching. Books, pencil and paper (the old way), will no longer keep students interested in their activity. My views on using technology in the young classroom have definitely changed since the beginning of EDM310. With Dr. Strange and these videos I am going to use blogging and other technology based activities in my classroom! Enjoyed these videos.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

computer student

2 comments:

  1. "My views on using technology in the young classroom have definitely changed since the beginning of EDM310." Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My views on technology have changed also. I've learned how to implement it into my secondary classrooms. I wish my elementary and high school classes were as advanced as they are these days. I believe that the students will have fun learning when it is done interactively but safely.

    ReplyDelete