1. 87% say their smartphone never leaves their side.
2. 80% say the very first thing they do in the morning is reach for their smartphone.
3. 78% say they spend 2 or more hours per day using their smartphone.
4. 68% say they would prefer to use their smartphone instead of their laptop or personal computer for personal use.
5. 91% say that having a camera on their smartphone is important (61% very important)
6. 87% say they use their smartphone camera at least weekly. 59% use their smartphone camera at least every other day. 44% use their smartphone camera for still or motion picture taking every day.
Technology is something that has an effect of everyone these days. Even young children use technology whether it be at home or at school. I feel that it is important for teachers to learn and keep up with the latest technology. The generation that I will be teaching will definitely know more about technology that I. Children most likely prefer tablets and smart phones over books any day!
I know that I will learn many things from my students about technology. Even though I am not the best it, it is becoming a bigger part of our lives everyday. Children seem to pay more attention to technology than anything else. Luckily technology can be fun and it is a great source for learning.
-Downloading apps to help with many different skills.
-Recording students reading or presenting and letting them watch and correct their own mistakes.
-Have small groups create an iMovie