EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post #5

What are PLN's? How will they help me?

PLN stands for personal learning network. PLN's are a great social media site for everyone, especially teachers! PLN's can keep you updated on the latest things all at one time. They have such a great variety from Amazon to Netflix . As a teacher I Could use a PLN for so many things. It is very helpful and convenient.

This week I created a PLN using Symbaloo . And I love it! It is as I said before great for everything. I can get news updates sent right to my phone. It took no time at all to create yet I can spend hours using it. Now that I have this PLN it will be so easy to access my EDM twitter. This will definitely make a difference in being a student and a teacher. Great for Everyone!


Symbaloo.com

2 comments:

  1. Symbaloo itself isn't a PLN. Twitter itself isn't a PLN. A PLN is simply a network of people and tools that you can use to help you create and learn new ideas and share them with others. Did you check out any of the sources Dr. Strange provided?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    I agree PLN's are going to be so helpful keeping up with all the new things once we become teachers. I also think that it would be great for students to have one in the classroom so that they could keep up with all their work and the latest news as well. I think it would be a great way to get the kids involved. I have yet to set up a Symbaloo, but I plan to in the near future. I feel like once I set mine up it will just be another thing to keep me from doing my school work, haha.

    ReplyDelete