EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T #4

Teacher Post
In this post Ms. Ferguson uploaded the video InfoWhelm and Information Fluency. This was an interesting video about the increase of digital output and she asks the question "are our students ready to tackle these problems".

My Comment
Ms.Ferguson,
My name is Lindsey Donald and I am in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. In this course we are learning that technology will not stop advancing. We have also learned that a great lesson starts with a great question. I fell that technology will be a huge part of our students' future. I also feel that as a future educator I must learn how to teach my students so that they will be ready to tackle these problems. Interesting post!
Lindsey Donald

Teacher Post
This week, Mr. Pullen posted a blog about a book called "Make it Stick". He says that this book builds on the work of others. He says that it supports practices "such as interspersing the retrieval of information over a period of time, forcing students to try to answer a problem before teaching it to them, using mnemonics.."

My Comment
My name is Lindsey Donald and I am in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am currently studying to become an elementary education teacher. Thanks for sharing this book! As a future educator I am always looking for things to help with my future outside of me being in the classroom. It sounds like a great, interesting read.

Make it Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment